ADVERTISING BANNER: CELINE X ECOLE MILITAIRE
The Celine brand is inaugurating its new advertising banner on Ecole Militaire. For the whole month of June, the ready-to-wear brand is covering up the scaffolding of the famous Parisian historic monument. The black and white, classic tones blend in perfectly with the landscape, as much as they represent Celine.
A prestigious site
Located in the heart of Paris, Ecole Militaire is one of the city’s most emblematic monuments. It has been listed as a historic monument since 1990. Located in the 7th arrondissement of Paris, the monument faces the Eiffel Tower, the Champ-de-Mars and, since 2021, the Grand Palais Éphémère. In 2018, the first phase of renovation work was carried out on the left side of the building. Almost 4 years later, the second phase of renovation work started.
For the occasion, in order to cover the scaffolding and reduce the cost of the renovation to the taxpayer, the Celine brand decided to temporarily install its advertising there. The scaffolding covering will run for the duration of the works, i.e. until March 2024. As a reminder, each advertisement provides a financial contribution to the whole project equivalent to a percentage of the selling price.
A chic and iconic advertising banner for Celine
The ready-to-wear and leatherworking brand chose Ecole Militaire to communicate on an event-based format. Through its spokesmodel, the actress Suzanne Lindon, Celine promotes its Winter 2023 collection. With an Haussmann-style white and gold mouldings, marble and classic wood panelling, the campaign clearly reflects the brand’s signature style.
The campaign blends in perfectly with the surrounding scenery and the building it covers. Céline, already accustomed to this type of communication, has come to work on its brand image at a key time of the year. In fact, Paris Fashion Week takes place from 20 to 25 June. Thanks to its strategic location in the centre of Paris, Celine will be highly visible to the fashion fans who come for the occasion. It is also located opposite the Grand Palais Éphémère, which regularly hosts fashion events, particularly during Fashion Week. This is an opportunity for Celine to take advantage of the high visibility and iconic setting to showcase its Winter 2023 collection.
Enter the backstage of the making off
Sum up in 5 key points:
- The ready-to-wear brand Celine is using the advertising banner on Ecole Militaire in Paris to cover the building of the historic site for the whole month of June.
- Ecole Militaire is a prestigious location in the heart of Paris, classified as a historic monument and facing iconic sites such as the Eiffel Tower and the Champ-de-Mars.
- Celine has chosen this venue for its event communication campaign and is presenting its Winter 2023 collection, highlighting a chic and iconic style that blends in perfectly with its surroundings.
- The campaign takes place during the month of the Paris Fashion Week, giving Celine a high profile with fashion lovers visiting Paris, as well as an opportunity to be exhibited near the Grand Palais Éphémère, an important place.
- The presence of Celine’s advertising banner financially contributes to the renovation of Ecole Militaire, as each ad plays a role in this royalty system.